Things you’ll need
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup cookie butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate buttercream
- Biscoff Cookies
- Black mat pearls
- Black royal icing
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Hand Mixer with attachments
- Rubber spatula
- Pyrex measuring cup
- Brown Cake liners
- Decorating bag fitted with a 1A tip
- Ice cream scoop
- Food Processor
- Decorating bag fitted with a #2 tip
Let’s get started!
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer beat together the butter, cookie butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition and scraping down the sides.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients, ½ the milk, 1/3 of the dry and the remaining milk, scraping down between each addition. Add the remaining 1/3 dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake liners and bake at 375°F for 14-16 minutes, test the center of the cupcake to make sure it is done.
- Cool the cupcakes completely and top with a dome of chocolate buttercream.
- Roll the cupcakes in the ground cookies to look like sand hill.
- Take a toothpick and create a little hole where the ants would come and go.
- Place two black balls on the side of the cupcake and then pipe legs for the ant.
- Repeat for a second ant.