Things you’ll need
- 1 each (.25 oz.) package, active dry yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 recipe pizza sauce
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 3 ounces whole black olives
- 1 cherry tomato
- 15 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon black gel color
- 6 ounces black olives
- 1 cherry tomato
- Cornmeal for dusting
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
- Cutting board
- Sharp cutting knife
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly dust a baking sheet with cornmeal.
- In a medium bowl dissolve the yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth and then let rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide the dough into 2/3rds and 1/3. Pat each portion into a circle and roll to about ¼-inch thick. Place each circle onto one baking sheet so that the two circles are touching and shape the smaller top circle to fit around the larger bottom circle.
- Let the pizza rest, covered for 15 minutes.
- Prick the dough with a fork and bake for 5 minutes.
- Coat the pizza with a thin layer of sauce, leaving a thin border around the edge.
Time to decorate!
- Cut 3 round circles from the bell pepper and chop the rest of the bell pepper into small pieces for the remaining detail on the pizza.
- Cut one olive into rounds, then chop the rest for the details on the pizza.
- Coat entire pizza with mozzarella cheese, then take the bell pepper rings and arrange them on the pizza to look like the BB8 robot, cut the rings where needed.
- Use the olive slice to make the ring on the robot head, and the cherry tomato for the eye.
- Use the chopped olives to make the remaining black details on the robot.
- Bake pizza again for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Dye 12 ounces of the mozzarella cheese black and cover sauce with the black cheese.
- Cut one black olive into circles and place one circle onto the top left center of the robot for the eye and fill with white cheese.
- Chop the rest of the black olives and sprinkle over the entire pizza.
- Place the cherry tomato for the eye of the robot and use the remaining 3 ounces of mozzarella cheese to make the details of the rest of the robot.
- Bake the pizza again for 10 to 12 minutes.
- TaDa! Rebels vs Empire, BB-8 vs BB-9E, where will your pizza allegiance be?