Things you’ll need
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup Warm water
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Finely shredded mozzarella cheese (white)
- Finely shredded mild cheddar cheese (dark orange)
- Finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (light orange)
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Olive oil
- Small mixing bowl
- Medium pan
- Small fork
- Rolling pin
- Rubber spatula
- Pizza pan
- Clean kitchen towel
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In a medium bowl, whisk and dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until foamy and creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in half of the flour, oil, and salt. Add in remaining flour and then knead until smooth. Place into a clean greased bowl, cover with a kitchen towel.
- To make the sauce, whisk together flour, garlic and onion powder. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Whisk in flour mixture until a paste forms. Slowly pour in milk while continually whisking until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a large circle.
- Transfer dough to a lightly greased pizza pan. Prick the surface all over with a fork and bake at 450ºF for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover dough with a thin layer of sauce. Top with cheeses in a candy corn pattern: mozzarella in the center, mild cheddar in the middle, and sharp cheddar on the outer edge.
- Bake again at 350ºF for 8 to 10 minutes.
- TaDa! Get corny this Halloween with this Candy Corn Pizza!