Things you’ll need
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup and 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup blueberry juice
- 1 drop purple food coloring
- 1 donut pan
- Royal icing in decorating bag fitted with #2 tip
- Large mixing bowl
- Cooking spray
- Drying rack
- Baking tray lined with parchment
Let’s get started!
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. In a medium mixing bowl sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix in lemon zest.
4. In a measuring cup combine almond milk and vinegar, stirring until curdled. Mix in oil and vanilla extract.
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
6. Scoop batter into a decorating bag and pipe it into well greased donut pans. Leave about 1/4 inch of space at the top of each tray.
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow donuts to cool on a cooling rack.
1. Whisk together blueberry juice, powdered sugar, and food coloring until smooth and shiny with no lumps. Scoop glaze into a decorating bag.
Time to decorate!
1. Place a piece of parchment paper beneath the cooling rack and then coat the donuts in glaze. Let them set for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Use a #2 tip to pipe a white spider web onto each donut.
3. TaDa! The Undertale Spider Donuts will be a hit at Miss Muffet’s bake sale!