Things you’ll need
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups buttermilk
- ½ stick butter, cubed & ice cold
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Large mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
- Cutting board and knife
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add butter and mix until the dough is dry and crumbly.
- In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, egg and orange zest. On a low speed, combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Knead the dough for a couple of minutes and then place it back into bowl. Cover and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough and cut into the shape of a Direwolf (PICTURE at 3:44). Place onto a baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- TaDa! Game of Thrones Direwolf Bread is the perfect snack to get you through the long winter!