Things you’ll need
- 2 cups chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ each vanilla bean
- Sliced almonds
- Green, black & white royal icing in piping bags
- Sauce pot
- 3 small paint brushes
- Drying rack
- Baking sheet lined with wax paper
- Small ice cream scoop
Let’s get started!
- Heat cream over medium heat until scalding.
- Pour the hot cream over chopped chocolate and then jiggle the bowl to settle chocolate into the cream.
- Allow the mixture to set for 3 minutes and then whisk until smooth and glossy.
- Cool to room temperature and then scoop balls onto a lined baking sheet. Chill the balls and then form each into an egg shape.
Time to decorate!
- Stick sliced almonds into the eggs and create scales by arranging rows (PICTURE at 2:43).
- Place truffles over a drying rack and coat them with royal icing (PICTURE at 3:28).
- Allow the icing to dry completely and then paint each egg with luster dust to make them shine.
- TaDa! These Game of Thrones Dragon Egg Truffles may hatch soon, so you better eat them quick!