Things you’ll need
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 boxes pre-made pie crust (optional)
Homemade Pie Dough
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks cubed & cold salted butter
- ¼ to ½ cup ice water
- Hand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Cooking spray
- Large round cookie cutter
- 9 by 13 glass baking pan
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Small ice cream scoop
- Can opener
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Use a hand mixer to combine eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in spices, melted butter, and pumpkin and then pour in evaporated milk. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Roll out pie crust and then use a cookie cutter to create dough circles.
- Remove the pumpkin from oven. Allow plenty of time for it to cool and then set the oven to 350ºF.
- Scoop pumpkin onto half of each dough circle (PICTURE at 5:18). Fold the pasties in half and then pinch the sides to seal.
- Use a fork to press down on the outer edges of each pasty (PICTURE at 5:34) and then cut three lines on the top (PICTURE at 5:41).
- Place the pasties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and then bake for 12 minutes.
- TaDa! Aparecium! Your pasties are ready to be revealed to friends!
Homemade Pie Dough
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and butter in a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add just enough of the ice water so the dough holds together when pinched between two fingers. Kneed dough until well combined and then divide it into two discs.
- Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. After chilled, roll out and use as desired.