Things you’ll need
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cinnamon extract
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Rubber scrapper
- Rolling pin
- Pants cookie cutter
- Red royal icing in decorating bag fitted with a #3 tip
- White royal icing in decorating bag fitted with a #1 tip
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix well to combine. Pour in the extracts and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until well incorporated.
- Form into 1 disc, and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll out to ¼ inch thick and cut out pants.
- Place cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- Once cookies have cooled completely, use a #3 tip to pipe a red outline around each cookie.
- Use a #3 tip to flood each cookie and then allow them to dry completely.
- Once cookies are dry, use a #1 tip and white royal icing to pipe Haters Back Off onto each cookie.
- TaDa! Miranda would sing the praises of these Haters Back Off Cookies!