Things you’ll need
- 1 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup Pop Rocks (6 packets)
- White buttercream frosting in a decorating bag fitted with a #1A tip
- Sanding sugar: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple
- Ro’s gem mold
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Cupcake pan
- Gold cupcake liners
- Ice cream scoop
Let’s get started!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two cupcake pans with gold liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Add a third of the flour mixture, then half the milk, then another third of the dry. Add the remaining milk and finish with the flour mixture.
- Fold in the Pop Rocks.
- Scoop batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to fully cool before decorating.
Time to decorate!
- See Rupee recipe for gem candies instructions.
- Pipe a dome of frosting onto each cupcake and dip each cupcake into separate sanding sugars.
- Place gems onto its matching sanding sugar color.
- TaDa! These Infinity Stone cupcakes will give you the energy of the cake universe!