Things you’ll need
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pineapple extract
- ½ cup drained crushed pineapple
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Hand mixer with attachments
- Mini loaf cake pans, lined and sprayed
- Brown parchment paper
Let’s get started!
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease 4 individual pound cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- In a stand mixer, beat shortening and butter until smooth.
- Add sugar and beat for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Pour in pineapple extract and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in drained crushed pineapple.
- Evenly divide batter into 4 prepared pound cake pans and then bake for 40 minutes.
- Once completely cooled, wrap each loaf in brown parchment paper.