Things you’ll need
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon electric green gel color
- ½ teaspoon green gel color
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Hand mixer with attachments
- Plastic wrap
- Parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- Rubber spatula
- Cutting board & knife
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a hand mixer to cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and beat until combined. Pour in vanilla extract and mix well.
- Mix in salt and flour and beat until well combined.
- Add electric green gel color and mix until desired color is achieved.
- Divide the dough in half and wrap one half in plastic. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Add green gel color to the remaining dough and mix well.
- Wrap the remaining dough in plastic and chill for 10 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- Roll out the electric green dough to 1/8-inch thick on parchment paper.
- Separately roll out the dark green dough to 1/8-inch thick on parchment paper.
- Place the light green dough onto the dark green and trim the cookie dough into an 8 by 10-inch rectangle. Roll the two doughs together to create a log and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Cut the log into ¼-inch cookies, and lay flat onto a baking sheet.
- Use a lollipop stick to make shallow indentations in each cookie.
- Bake at for 12 to 15 minutes and cool.
- TaDa! Restore the Heart of Te Fiti and fill your bellies with these cookies!