Things you’ll need
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup warm water, 100° to 110°F
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped sundried tomatoes in oil
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Medium heat proof measuring cup
- Wooden spoon
- Medium sauce pot
- Cutting board & knife
- Rolling pin
- Pi cookie cutter
- Baking sheet lined with parchment
- Plastic wrap
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest until doubled in size.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll to a ¼ inch thick.
- Use a Pi cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Place onto cornmeal lined cookie sheet and allow to rest, covered.
- Prick the dough with a fork and bake at 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Top the mini pizzas with sauce, cheese, green onions and sundried tomatoes and then bake again at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes.