Things you’ll need
Ingredients (x2 for 4 cakes)
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup butter
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Electric hand mixer
- Glass measuring cup
- Rubber spatula
- Small offset spatula
- 8-inch and 6-inch cake pans, lined and sprayed
- 8-inch and 6-inch cake boards
- Large straws
- Fondant rolling pin
- Small star and larger star cookie cutter
- Yellow, dark yellow, and red fondant
- Peach and white buttercream in decorating bags
- White buttercream frosting in a decorating bag fitted with open star tip
- White buttercream frosting fitted with a #12 tip
- Mini colored hearts sprinkles
- Floral wire
- Black and white royal icing in decorating bags fitted with
- #2 tips
Let’s get started!
(Double the recipe for 4 cakes)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the peaches and water in a microwave safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 3 minutes.
- In a blender, puree peaches until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, puree and vanilla extract together until well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter and oil to the dry ingredients and mix until it becomes pebbly.
- On low speed, add the peach mixture to the dry ingredients in thirds, mixing well between each addition.
- Bake the cakes for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and cool completely.
Time to decorate!
- Place the 8-inch cake on a cake board on a turntable and then pipe white frosting over the top. If you made a second 8-inch cake, stack it upside down on top of the first cake.
- If you made two 6-inch cakes, assemble them just like the 8-inch cakes.
- Refrigerate cakes for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, cover both cakes in peach frosting, smoothing with an offset spatula.
- Use white frosting with a #12 tip to pipe scallops around each cake. Cover the tops of the cakes with white frosting.
- Insert large straws into the center of the 8-inch cake and then trim them to rise slightly above the top. Stack the 6-inch cake on top of the 8-inch.
- Pipe scallops around and frost the top of the 6-inch cake.
- Use yellow, red, and dark yellow fondant to create fruit and stars (PICTURE at 4:54).
- Use white frosting with an open star tip to pipe dollops around the side of the cake (PICTURE at 7:52).
- Place raspberries and cherries on the dollops (PICTURE at 8:02).
- Place the stars on top of the cake (PICTURE at 8:30).