Things you’ll need
- ¼ cup hot milk
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- Cupcake pan
- Brown cupcake liners
- Small mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- 2 large mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Decorating bag fitted with a #2D tip
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Green straws
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and espresso powder until fully dissolved. Whisk in sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin puree until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add an egg and then beat in vanilla extract.
- On low speed, alternate adding the flour and milk to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Fill each cupcake liner two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake for about 16 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- To make the whipped cream: Pour heavy cream and sugar in a medium bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until firm peaks form.
- Scoop the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a #2D tip.
- Once cupcakes have cooled completely, pipe a swirl of frosting onto each one.
- Sprinkle each cupcake with a bit of pumpkin pie spice and insert a straw.
- TaDa! Fall never tasted so delicious!