Things you’ll need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup melted dark chocolate
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Ice cream scoop
- Hand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Baking sheet lined with parchment
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, almond flour, cornstarch and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the extracts and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough starts to become crumbly.
- Portion dough into balls then roll into small logs. Form the cookies into horseshoe shapes and press in slivered almonds.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool cookies completely and then dip the ends in melted chocolate.
- TaDa! The Wild Wild West never tasted so sweet!