Things you’ll need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- Egg yolk wash
- 1 tablespoon White Nonpareils
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ teaspoon Green gel color
- 1 cup Coconut
- Red and yellow buttercream
- Medium bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Rolling pin
- Plastic wrap
- Cookie sheets lined with parchment
- Piping bag with #12 tip for the ganache
- Piping bag with #5 tip for the yellow buttercream
- Piping bag with #5 tip for the red buttercream
- Bowl for shredded coconut mixing
- Small cutting board
- Small saucepot
- Heatproof bowl
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, vanilla, melted butter and yolks.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for 2 hours.
- Roll the dough on parchment paper to ¼ inch thick.
- Lay plastic wrap over he cookies and use a cutter to cut out the cookies over the plastic wrap.
- Move cookies to a cookie sheet lined with parchment and brush with egg yolk wash. Sprinkle half the cookies with white nonpareils.
- Bake for 12 minutes.