Things you’ll need
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Eggo waffles toasted and ground in food processor
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 12 mini Eggo waffles for decoration
- Large mixing bowl
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- Hand Mixer
- Food Processor
- Rubber spatula
- Cupcake pan
- Brown cupcake liners
- Ice cream scoop
- Decorating bag fitted with large star tip
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon maple extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, waffle crumbs, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until well combined.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- On low speed, alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill the cupcake liners and bake for 16 to 18 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- To make maple frosting: In a medium bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and maple extracts, and salt until well combined.
- Use a large star tip to frost each cupcake and then top each with a toasted mini Eggo.
- TaDa! Your taste buds will be flipped upside down with these Stranger Things Eggo Cupakes!