Things you’ll need
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cup vegan butter
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Royal icing: red, white, blue, black, gold
- Large bowl
- Hand mixer with attachments
- Medium bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Rolling pin
- Cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Wax paper and Tape
- Small offset spatula
- Decorating bags fitted with #1 tip (red, blue, yellow and black)
- Decorating bags with #2 tip (red and blue)
- Plaque shaped cookie cutter
- Wonder Woman Insignia template
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add the lemon zest and juice and mix again.
- On low speed, beat in the flour mixture until well combined.
- Shape the dough into 2 disks about 1 inch thick. Wrap the disks in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Working with one disk at a time on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out cookies using a plaque shaped cookie cutter and place them 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- Print the Wonder Woman Insignia template and then tape a piece of wax paper over it. Trace the design onto the wax paper with black royal icing (PICTURE at 3:10).
- Once the black icing has dried, fill in the design with yellow icing.
- Pipe a blue outline onto the top half of each cookie. Use red royal icing to pipe the outline of the bottom half and then fill in each outline (PICTURE at 3:39).
- Once cookies and insignia have dried, pipe a dab of white royal icing to stick an insignia onto each cookie.
- TaDa! You’ll want to lasso these Wonder Woman Cookies straight into your mouth!