Things you’ll need
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup cream
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- White, black and brown royal icing in decorating bags fitted with #1 tips
- Hand mixer with attachments
- Large bowl
- Liquid measuring cup
- Rubber spatula
- Plastic wrap
- Cookie sheet lined with parchment
- Yoda cookie cutter
- Small offset spatula
- Rolling pin
- Pastry brush
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a liquid measuring cup, mix together egg yolks, cream and peppermint extract.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt until well combined.
- Use a hand mixer to cut butter into the dry mixture until crumbly and well combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half and plastic wrap it in disks. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Roll out the dough to just thicker than ¼ an inch and use a cookie cutter to cut out Yoda faces.
- Place cookies onto a cookie sheet and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 8 minutes and allow cookies to cool completely before decorating.
Time to decorate!
- Use white, brown and black royal icing to fill in the eyes.
- TaDa! These Yoda Cookies are ready to “eat or eat not, there is no ‘try’!