February 09, 2019
Princess Belle Cake
Things you'll needIngredients
- 5 ¼ cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 large eggs
- 3 ½ cups granulate sugar
- 3 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk, warmed
- ¾ cup buttermilk, warmed
- Buttercream frosting
- Yellow fondant
- Princess cake pan (Ro Baking Line by Wilton)
- 11 ½-inch-tall doll
Let's get started!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the three princess cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla, and lemon extract until doubled in volume, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, milk and buttermilk.
- Mix the flour mixture into the egg mixture until well combined, then whisk in the milk mixture until smooth. vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Fill each pan two-thirds full with batter (using about 3 ½ cups per pan)and bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool in the pans for 15 minutes, then turn out of the pans onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Level off the top of each cake with a cake leveler or a large serrated knife.
Time to decorate!
- Stack the cakes in ascending order, leveled side down, with a thin layer of frosting in between the cake layers.
- Crumb coat the cake and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- On a flat surface sprinkled with powdered sugar, roll out the yellow fondant to a 16-inch round,1/4 inch thick.
- Drape the yellow fondant over the cake and form ruffles on the bottom of the dress.
- For the bodice, take a strip of yellow fondant and wrap it around the doll's torso. Add a thin strip and wrap it around the shoulders connecting both ends on her chest. Use water as an adhesive.
- Place the doll in the middle of the cake.
- Take a thick strip of yellow fondant and wrap it around the doll's waist to cover the seams.
- Add more details by making thin strips of yellow fondant and adding lines on it with a toothpick.
- Curve it slightly and connect it around the bottom of her dress. Make small balls and place it on top of the seams.
Written By Rosanna Pansino