Things you'll needIngredients
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour plus more for rolling
- 2 packets quick rising yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1 can olives
- 1 bag mozzarella cheese
- 1 pack mozzarella slices
- 1 bag pepperoni
- Stand mixer (fitted with a dough hook)
- Pizza pan
- Large Star Cookie Cutter
Let's get started!
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Add the packets of yeast, sugar and warm water in the stand mixer bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Add the 2 1/2 cups of flour, salt and honey. Mix together until a dough starts to form.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup of flour at a time or until the dough no longer stick to the edges.
- Oil and grease a large bowl with olive oil or baking spray, place the dough into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Take half of the dough and using your hands, slowly stretch the pizza dough to fit the pan.
- Pinch the edges of the pizza to form a crust.
- Bake the dough for 10 minutes the let it cool slightly.
Time to decorate!
- Use a spoon to spread the pizza sauce all over the pizza dough.
- Add a light layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Take a handful of olives and chop it finely.
- Place a medium sized bowl in the middle of the pizza and press lightly to use as a template. Place the olives within the circle.
- Take two mozzarella cheese slices and place it on top of each other. Cut a star using the large star cookie cutter. Place the star on top of the olives.
- Take a bunch pepperonis and stack it on top of each other. Slice the tops of the pepperonis and place it around the olives.
- Add another ring of pepperonis on the outer edge of the pizza.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted.
Written By Rosanna Pansino