Today I made this delicious Caramel Apple Cider inspired by the the Golden Snitch in Harry Potter movies.
Things you'll needIngredients
- 3 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 8 cups apple cider
- Salted caramel topping
- White icing
- Whipped cream
- Squeeze Bottle
- Rolling pin
- Decorating tips
- Golden Mugs
- Rolling fondant cutter set
- Tear shape cookie cutter
- Harry Potter Scarf
Let's get started!
For the Vanilla Almond Wing Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line the baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- In another large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, almond extract and egg into the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix on low speed. Repeat two more times.
- On a flat surface, sprinkle some flour and roll out the dough.
- Cut out shapes using the tear cookie cutter.
- Use the fondant roller fitted with the jagged cutter to cut the tear shapes in half.
- Transfer the wing cookies to the parchment paper.
- Use a knife to cut a small rectangle on the bottom of the wing and remove the excess.
- Place it in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- Place the cookie icing in a decorating bag fitted with a #2 tip.
- Draw an outline on the cookie then fill it in.
- Replace the tip with a #1 tip and pipe vertical lines on the wings.
For the Caramel Apple Cider
- In a medium saucepan, add the apple cider, light brown sugar and salted caramel topping.
- Place it over medium heat and stir continuously until the sugar is dissolved and it starts to simmer.
Time to decorate!
- Using a ladle, pour the caramel apple cider into the golden mugs.
- Add some whipped cream on top.
- Place some salted caramel topping into a squeeze bottle and drizzle on top of the whipped cream.
- Attach the Wing cookies on each side of the mug.
Written By Rosanna Pansino