Guardians of the Galaxy Groot Cookies
Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter
- Sugar cookie mix
- Brown cookie icing
- Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Rolling pin
- Hand mixer
- Planter pots
- Dolphin-Gray Paint
- Foam Paint Brushes
- Gingerbread man cookie cutter
- Decorating bags
- Decorating tips
Let's get started!
Make the sugar cookie
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Prepare the sugar cookie mix according to the package instructions.
- Add some flour and continue kneading the dough until it is no longer sticky.
- Roll the dough to 1/4" thick.
- Use the gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut out the shape and remove the excess.
- Use a knife to remove the legs.
- Cut out little triangles on the head.
- Trim the arms to make it look like a tree.
- Place it on a baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes.
For the decorations
- Use the sponge brushes to pain the planter pots with the gray paint.
- Let it dry completely.
Time to decorate!
- Scoop the brown icing into a decorating bag fitted with a #2 tip.
- Outline the cookie then fill it in.
- Pipe some wood details all over the cookie.
- Take two mini chocolate chips, pipe a small amount of icing on the back and place it on the face for the eyes.
- Add the mouth using the brown icing.
- Fill the planter pots with brownies.
- Place the cookie in the middle.
- Cover the pot with crushed Oreos.
Written By Rosanna Pansino