October 27, 2015
Jack Skellington Cheese Ball
Things you'll needIngredients Cheeseballs
- Two 8 ounce sticks cream cheese
- 16 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 clove garlic
- Medium mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Cheese grater
- Cutting board & knife
- Cling wrap
- Hand mixer
- 2 cups corn flour
- 1 cup water
- Black food coloring
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Small frying pan
- Cooking spray
- Circle cookie cutter
- Baking sheet
- Ice cream scoop
- Plastic freezer bag
- Plate with smooth bottom
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mince garlic and shred cheese and then set aside some of the cheese shreds for decoration.
- Combine garlic, cream cheese, and cheese in a medium bowl. Pour in a packet of ranch dressing and mix until well combined.
- Cover the dip in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Use a hand mixer to combine corn flour, water, and a few drops of black food dye.
- Cut off the top and sides of a plastic bag. Use an ice cream scoop to dish the tortilla mix onto the open bag and then fold the top of the bag over the tortilla mix.
- Flatten the tortilla using the bottom of a plate.
- Stack flattened tortillas on a plate with a piece of wax paper in between each one.
- Cook each tortilla on a frying pan on medium high for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Cut triangles out of each cooked tortilla and then place them onto a baking sheet to cool. Set aside a cooked but unbaked tortilla for Jack’s face.
- Lightly brush the chips with oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- Take the cheeseball out of the fridge and gently shape it into a round ball while it’s still in the cling wrap. Cover the surface of the cheeseball with the extra shredded cheese.
- Using a circular cookie cutter to cut out two circles out of the unbaked tortilla for Jack’s eyes. Use a knife to cut out little pieces for his nose and mouth (PICTURE at 9:15).
- Place the baked chips around the base of Jack’s head.
- TaDa! One bite of this Jack Skellington Cheeseball will reveal that homemade tortilla chips and cheeseballs are truly meant to be!