Things you'll needIngredients
- 3 granny smith apples
- 11 oz. caramels
- 1 tbsp water
- 5 cup rice krispies
- 10 oz. mini marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- Candy melts: black, green
- Buttercream icing
- Purple food coloring
- Purple sugar sprinkles
- Apple sticks
- Squeeze bottle
- Parchment paper
- Nonstick spray
- Mustache cookie cutter
Let's get started!
Make the Caramel apples
- Wash and dry the apples thoroughly.
- Take the wooden sticks and place it right in the middle of the apple.
- Spray a piece on parchment paper with the nonstick spray.
- In a medium saucepan, add the caramels and water.
- Place it over low heat and mix continuously until melted.
- Dip the apples in the caramel and cover it completely, let the excess drip off and place it on the grease parchment paper.
- Place it in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
Make the rice krispies
- Place the butter in a saucepan and melt over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add the rice krispies cereal and mix until well combined.
- Press down on a flat surface, about 1 inch thick.
Time to decorate!
- Using the cookie cutter, cut out shape from the rice krispies.
- Remove an inch off the middle of the shape for the horns.
- Place the black candy melts in a large bowl and melt.
- Dip the ends of the rice krispies and stick it on each side.
- Dip the entire apple into the black candy melts, let the excess drip off. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Melt the green candy melts in a green squeeze bottle.
- Draw a heart on the front of the apple then fill it in.
- Add more detail by drawing an outline on the face using black candy melts.
- Tint the buttercream purple.
- Add two horizontal lines on the horns and one on the forehand.
- Sprinkle the purple sanding sugar on top.
Written By Rosanna Pansino