Things you'll needIngredients for the Lemon Bar Crust
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
Ingredients for the Lemon Bar Mixture
- 4 eggs
- 4 lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- 9x13 pan
- Hand mixer
- Baking spray
- Triangle cookie cutter
Let's get started!
Prepare the crust!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease the 9x13 pan using the baking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and salt and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour to the butter mixture until it forms a dough.
- Using your hands, pat down the dough evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust for about 20 minutes.
Make the Lemon Filling!
- Zest one whole lemon using the zester.
- Slice the lemons in half and juice all the lemons.
- In a large mixing flour, whisk together the sugar and flour.
- Add the eggs and whisk together until well combined.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix again.
- Pour the mixture on top of the prepared crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool in room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Place it in the fridge for about 3 hours to cool completely.
Time to decorate!
- Place the triangle cookie cutter on top.
- Cut columns in the same width as the cookie cutter.
- Remove the columns from the pan.
- Lightly press the cookie cutter on top of the bars to serve as a guide.
- Cut triangle shapes using a knife.
- Place three lemon bar triangles on a plate.
- Cut small triangles from a piece of paper and place it on top of the bars.
- Lightly dust with powdered sugar then remove the paper triangles.
Written By Rosanna Pansino