Patrick Starrr joins Rosanna Pansino on Nerdy Nummies to make mocha flavored 8-Bit Heart Cupcakes!
Things you'll need
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup cold coffee
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- Red candy hearts
- Pink and white sprinkles
- Ro's 8-Bit heart cupcake toppers
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Ice cream scoop
- Red metallic liners
- Muffin tin
- White buttercream frosting in a piping bag fitted with #1A tip
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with metallic red cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl mix the sugars, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, coffee, oil, buttermilk, vanilla and instant espresso powder.
- Pour the wet into the dry and mix until no streaks of dry remain.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners and bake for 16 to 18 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- Once cool, use a #1A tip to pipe a swirl of frosting on top of each cupcake.
- Top half the cupcakes with candy hearts and sprinkles and the other half with 8-bit hearts.