Lindsey Stirling joins Rosanna Pansino on Nerdy Nummies to make these strawberry royal tarts from Adventure Time!
Makes 5 to 7 tarts
Things you'll need
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 stick cubed unsalted butter
- 4 ounces cool whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Fresh strawberries
- Strawberry glaze
- Tart tray
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Food processor
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar, cubed butter, and salt until well combined.
- Pack the mixture into each tart cavity in the tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Use a hand mixer to cream together lemon juice and cream cheese.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar while mixing and then fold in whipped cream.
- Cut strawberries into thin slices, two strawberries per tart. Save some strawberry halves for garnish.
Time to decorate!
- Once tart crusts have cooled completely, spread a thin layer of whipped cream on the bottom of the tart.
- Place some strawberry slices on top of the whipped cream and then pour glaze over them.
- Add one more layer of whipped cream and then spread glaze on top for the last layer. Top it off with a strawberry half.
- TaDa! These Royal Tarts look so good, Princess Bubblegum would give you two thumbs up AND a foot!
Adventure Time Royal Tarts