September 06, 2016
Attack on Titan Tarts
Things you'll needIngredients
- ½ cup chocolate, melted
- 12 pre-made tart shells
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- ¼ teaspoon powdered black food coloring
- 2 sauce pots
- 2 heatproof spatulas
- Paint brush
- Medium glass bowl
- Wax paper
- Cutting board
- 3 decorating bags fitted with #1 tips
- Small offset spatula
- Cookie sheet lined with parchment
- Small liquid measuring cup
- Survey Corps logo template
Let's get started!
- Use a small pastry brush to coat the inside of tart shells with chocolate. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a large sauce pot, whisk egg yolks, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour in flour and mix until all lumps are removed. Whisk in milk.
- Stir the mixture over medium heat until it thickens, about 10 to 15 minutes. Whisk in butter.
- Strain to remove lumps and then scoop into chocolate coated shells. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix powdered gelatin and water until a paste forms then set aside to bloom (PICTURE at 3:34).
- In a small sauce pot, warm cream and sugar over medium-low heat until bubbles form.
- Stir in the bloomed gelatin and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in black food coloring. Add small amounts of filling into each tart.
- Refrigerate for 35 to 40 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- Print off the Survey Corps logo template and then tape a piece of wax paper on top of it.
- Use white candy melt in a decorating bag with a #1 tip to trace the white details of the logo (PICTURE at 5:37).
- Trace the blue details of the logo with blue candy melt. Allow logos to set for 10 minutes.
- Once the tarts have chilled and the logos have set, carefully place a logo on top of each tart (PICTURE at 6:20).
- TaDa! These Attack on Titan Tarts are officially ready to serve up to friends!