Things you'll needIngredients
- 2 large strawberries, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (4oz) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- Granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon hot water
- Pastry brush
- Stand mixer
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 2 1/4 inch circle cutter
Let's get started!
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yolks, heavy cream and vanilla.
- In stand mixer on a low speed, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cubed butter until a coarse meal forms, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the cream mixture until dough holds together when pinched.
- Using your hands, gently mix the blueberries and strawberries into the dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough into a disk about 1 inch thick.
- Cut out scones using the circle cutter, place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Dip cutter in flour between cuts.
- Brush tops of scones with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until edges turn golden brown, 24-26 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and hot water until smooth. Drizzle over scones.
Written By Rosanna Pansino