Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 sugar-free classic cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 tub sugar-free frosting
- Food color: ivory, black
- Sugar-free licorice
- 1 bag peppermint mini's (York)
- 1 sugar-free gumballs
- Cupcake liners: black, white
- Piping bags
- Muffin tin
- # decorating tips
Let's get started!
- Preheat 325F. Line half the muffin tin with black liners and white liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, water and vegetable oil with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add the eggs and mix again.
- Fill the liners about 2/3 full. Bake for about 18 minutes. Let it cool completely.
Time to decorate!
- Take the cupcakes with the black liners, pipe a dollop of icing and place a peppermint mini on top.
- Take the frosting and tint one bowl black, leave the other untinted. Lightly melt in the microwave until smooth.
- Dip the black liner cupcakes in the black frosting and the white liner cupcakes in the white frosting.
- Place a red strip of licorice on top of the black cupcake.
- Pipe a thin layer of white frosting around the edge of the white cupcakes and place a pink gum ball on top.
- Place the black frosting in a piping bag fitted with a piping tip for better control and draw the faces.
Written By Rosanna Pansino