April 18, 2017
Brave Iced Rolls
Things you'll needIngredients
- 5 tablespoons bread flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- ½ cup warm milk
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups + 3 tablespoons bread flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 ½ cups butter, room temperature
- Orange royal icing
- Maraschino cherries
- Egg wash
- Stand mixer with hook attachment
- Rubber spatula
- Medium mixing bowl
- Bench flour
- Decorating bag fitted with #12 tip
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a measuring cup, mix yeast, warm milk and 5 tablespoons of bread flour to create a paste and allow it to set for 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a stand mixer.
- Pour in the remaining flour in 4 parts on a low speed. Add salt half way through.
- Add in soft butter chunks and knead dough for 2 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball and allow it to set for 1 ½ to 2 hours in a warm place.
- Punch dough down and form it into small spheres. Allow them to proof for 30 minutes.
- Brush rolls with egg wash and bake for 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before icing. Drizzle royal icing over each roll and top with half a maraschino cherry.
- TaDa! These scrumptious Brave Iced Rolls will be the subject of folklore for generations to come!