Candy Cane Cookies
Things you'll needIngredients
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Red gel food coloring
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 325F, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 305 minutes.
- Add the egg and peppermint extract to the butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture, mix until combined.
- Split dough in half and color one portion red using the red coloring gel.
- Using a small amount of each color of dough, roll out 2 logs and twist them together. Then roll the log to be 1/2" thick and cut into 4" long pieces. repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Bend each piece at the top to look like a candy cane. Repeat with each cookie.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, until edges are lightly golden brown.
Written By Rosanna Pansino