Things you'll needDough
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 apple (Granny Smith), to dice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 9x13 baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Pastry brush
- Plastic wrap
- Chopping block
Let's get started!
Make the dough
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line and grease the baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 cups of flour, sugar, Fleischmann’s® yeast and salt.
- In a small bowl, add the milk and butter. Heat until very warm, about 120°F-130°F.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula.
- Add the eggs and 2 cups of flour and mix again.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for about 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Place the dough back in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
Prepare the filling
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Peel and dice 1 cup of apples.
Make the Cinnamon Rolls
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a 14”x 20” rectangle about ¼” thick.
- Use the pastry brush to cover the dough with the softened butter.
- Sprinkle the filling evenly making sure all areas are covered.
- Sprinkle the diced apples on top.
- Roll up the dough jellyroll style and cut 12 rolls that are 1 ½” thick.
- Place the rolls in the prepared pan. Cover and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Make the topping
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar and heavy cream. Whisk constantly until dissolved
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the cinnamon rolls.
Written By Rosanna Pansino