March 24, 2018
Carrot Cake Balls
Things you'll needIngredients
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons buttercream
- White coating chocolate
- Biscoff cookie crumbs for decoration
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- 8-inch cake pan lined and sprayed
- Cake tester
- Stand mixer with paddle
- Ice cream scoop
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Small white cutting board
- Wax paper
- Orange royal icing in a decorating bag fitted with #4 tip
- Green royal icing in a decorating bag fitted with #16 small star tip
- Small offset spatula
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix shredded carrots and wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into a sprayed and lined cake pan and bake for 35 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- Using orange and green royal icing, pipe carrots onto wax paper. Allow to dry for 1 hour.
- Cool cake completely and cut into chunks. Place cake into bowl of stand mixer and paddle until crumbly.
- Add buttercream and paddle until smooth cake forms.
- Portion and roll into balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll balls in melted white coating chocolate and place on wax paper, then top with hardened carrot and cookie crumbs.
- TaDa! Hoppity hop the flavor don’t stop!