Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup finely grated carrot
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, using the hand mixer beat toegther the butter and the brown sugar until combined and lightened in color, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and the egg to the butter mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, combine with a wooden spoon.
- Add the grated carrot, oats and pecans to dough and combine.
- Scoop 3 tablespoons, about 8 cookies, onto prepared pan leaving space between each for cookies to spread. Press lightly on top of each cookie with a damp hand to slightly flatten into a puck shape.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until edges are just starting to brown and center still looks soft.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- Glaze: Cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Using a piping bag, drizzle on top of each cookie.
Written By Rosanna Pansino