Things you'll needIngredients
- 7 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Royal Icing
- Fod Coloring
- 36 mini candy eggs (Cadbury)
- Two #1 decorating tips
Let's get started!
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites and sugar until frothy. Whisk in the cocoa powder, salt and vanilla.
- Using a spatula, fold in the melted chocolate and coconut until well combined.
- Shape 2 tablespoons of batter into a nest. Place 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake until the cookies are firm to the touch, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Time to decorate!
- Divide the royal icing into 2 bowls and tint one bowl black and the other orange. Scoop into separate decorating bags fitted with #1 tips.
- Pipe 2 black dots on the candy eggs for eyes. Pipe a small orange triangle for the beak.
- Place 3 eggs in each nest.
Written By Rosanna Pansino