Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 bag of Oreo cookies
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- Pi Stencil Template: http://tinyurl.com/lorz86e
- 9" pie pan
- Food processor
Let's get started!
- Make the crust by separating the Oreo cookies and scraping off the filling.
- Place the cookies in the food processor and pulse until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Transfer the crumbs to a large bowl and mix it with the butter using your hands.
- Pat the crumbs firmly on the bottom and sides of your pie pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Bake it in the oven for 5 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- To make the mousse, place about 3 cups of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a large bowl, add your heavy cream, vanilla extract, pinch of salt and chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Place the large bowl on top of the saucepan and whisk until it is nice and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and let it sit at room temperature for about 40 minutes or until the mixture cools.
- Make the whip cream by placing the heavy cream in a stand mixer and whip it in medium speed. Gradually add some sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Once the chocolate has cooled completely, fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the chocolate mousse into the prepared pan and place it in the refrigerator to chill for 6 hours.
Time to decorate!
- Trace the Pi template onto a piece of cardboard and cut out the shape. Set it aside.
- Take the tub if Cool Whip and spread it all over the top of the chocolate mousse. Smooth it out with an offset spatula.
- Place the Pi stencil as close to the Cool Whip topping as much as possible.
- Take some more Oreo crumbs and place it into the sifter and lightly dust on top of the stencil.
Written By Rosanna Pansino