The one and only Cookie Monster joins Ro to make Chocolate Chip Cookies for Sesame Street's "Love to Learn" campaign!
Makes 3 dozen large cookies
Things you'll need
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 sticks salted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Electric mixer
- Ice cream scoop
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing and scraping after each addition.
- On low speed, beat in the flour mixture and then fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop balls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, about 3 inches apart. Lightly flatten cookies with the palm of your hand.
- Bake until golden brown, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 1 minute and then remove them to cool completely.
- TaDa! Cookie Monster goes bonkers for these cookies, and so will you!