Things you'll needIngredients for the pastry
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/4 tsp yeast
- 2 egg yolks
- 200 ml milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 15" x 15" Aluminum foil
- Baking spray
Let's get started!
Make the pastry
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the milk and microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and butter. Mix together until the butter is melted.
- Add 1 cup of flour to the wet ingredients and mix well. Let it sit for a few minutes to cool down slightly.
- Add the yeast, salt and remaining flour. Mix until well combined.
- On a flat surface, sprinkles some flour and knead the dough for about 10 minutes until stretchy.
- Place it in a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls.
- Cover in plastic wrap for another 10 minutes.
- Make a cone shape out of the foil wrappers.
- Lightly spray with the baking spray.
- Take a dough ball and roll it into a long tube. Attach one end to the tip of the foil cone and continue twisting until you get 5 creases.
- Place it on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Make the chocolate filling
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
- Boil the milk and slowly add a couple tablespoons to the egg yolk mixture.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and cornstarch. Mix together until well combined.
- Add the remaining milk to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour into the saucepan and place over medium heat until it thickens into a pudding like texture.
- Transfer to a small bowl and place it in a larger bowl filled with water and ice.
- Scoop into a decorating bag.
Time to decorate!
- Remove the foil inside the pastry.
- Fill the pastry with the chocolate filling.
Written By Rosanna Pansino