Things you'll needIngredients
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided into 1-1/2 tablespoons
- 4 pinches baking soda, divided
- Stainless steel ladle
- Flat bottomed pot
- Parchment paper
- Silicon spatula
- 4 cookie cutters (circle, star, triangle, umbrella)
Let's get started!
- Preheat the ladle over medium heat, about 40 seconds.
- Add 1-1/2 tablespoon of the sugar to ladle and hold over medium heat. When edges start to melt after 30 seconds, and use chopstick to push sugar from center to melted edges. Do not stir.
- Once the sugar is half melted, stir quickly and break up lumps with chopstick, about 1 minute. The sugar should be honey colored.
- Remove ladle from heat and add a pinch of baking soda, stir quickly until combined. The mixture should change to a golden color.
- Put ladle back on the heat for a few seconds while stirring quickly until mixture looks fluffy.
- Pour sugar onto parchment paper using the silicon spatula.
- Let mixture cool for 35 seconds and then evenly press flat bottomed pot on top. Immediately press the shaped cookie cutter firmly in the center of the sugar round.
- Clean and dry ladle, chopstick and spatula & repeat with other 3 shapes.
- Let cool and peel off parchment.
Written By Rosanna Pansino