Things you'll needIngredients
- Sugar cookie mix
- Cookie icing
- Food color: yellow, pink, black, white, blue, brown, red
- Cookie cutters
- Rolling pin
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
Let's get started!
- Preheat the oven according to the instructions.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the sugar cookie mix according to the package instructions.
- On a flat surface, roll out the dough to about 1/4" thick.
- Cut out circles, squares, triangles and hearts using the different cookie cutter shapes.
- Transfer the shapes to the baking sheet.
- To make the poo emoji, use a small heart cookie cutter and cut 3 nooks on each side.
- Round the edges using your fingers.
- Bake the cookies about 5-7 minutes. Let them cool completely.
- Tint the cookie icing in different colors: yellow, pink, brown, white,
Time to decorate!
- For the smiley emojis, pipe an outline using the yellow icing then fill it in. Let the icing base set for about 10 minutes to avoid color bleeding.
- Draw the different facial expressions using different colors of icing.
- For the heart emojis, pipe an outline using the pink icing then fill it in. Let the icing base set for about 10 minutes to avoid color bleeding .
- Add more details by using different colors of icing
- For the poo emoji, pipe an outline using the brown icing then fill it in. Let the icing base set for about 10 minutes to avoid color bleeding.
- Draw the details of the face using different icing colors.
Written By Rosanna Pansino