Markiplier joins Rosanna Pansino on Nerdy Nummies to make a chocolatey cupcake with buttercream frosting decorated to look like Five Nights at Freddy's Giant Chica's Cupcake!
Makes 1 giant cupcake
Things you'll need
- 3 ¾ cups flour
- 3 cup sugar
- 2 cups cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Baking spray
- Large cupcake pan
- Cooking spray
- Cake knife
- Pink & brown buttercream frosting in decorating bags
- Cake turntable
- Offset spatula
- Fondant: blue, white, and black
- Round cookie cutters
- #12 tip
- Fondant rolling pin
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 325ºF
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together water, milk, oil, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a giant cupcake pan and fill both cavities about 2/3 full. Bake for about 75 to 90 minutes.
- Once cakes have cooled, level off the rounded domes of the cake. Remove the cakes from the pan and cut off the pointed end of the cupcake cone.
- Cover the base of the cupcake with brown buttercream frosting (PICTURE at 9:13).
- Stack the two cakes, spreading frosting in between as a glue. Cover the surface of the top cake in pink frosting and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Pipe a wave of pink frosting along the seam where the two cakes join (PICTURE at 10:20).
Time to decorate!
- Use blue, white, and black fondant and large decorating tips to make the eyes (PICTURE at 6:00).
- Wrap a candle with white and blue fondant and place it on top of the cupcake.
- TaDa! A giant Chica’s cupcake for you to enjoy with friends!