Colleen Ballinger joins Rosanna Pansino on Nerdy Nummies to make a Vanilla Almond Sugar Cookie decorated to look like Miranda's favorite Froze Toes Ice Cream from "Haters Back Off!"
Makes 1 dozen
Things you'll need
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks salted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Plastic wrap
- Rolling pin
- Bench flour
- Baking sheet lined with parchment
- Foot cookie cutter
- Popsicle sticks
- Light blue royal icing
- Decorating bag fitted with #3 tip
- Pink gum balls
- Cutting board & knife
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, whisk almond meal, flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one a time, mixing and scraping in between each addition, and then add extracts.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the dough into 2 discs and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours.
- Roll out one disc of dough at a time to ¼ inch thick. Cut out foot shapes.
- Place a popsicle stick on the backside of each cookie and then place the pops onto a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- Carefully cut gum balls in half and then set aside.
- Once cookies have cooled, pipe an outline of each foot and then flood the design with icing. Allow icing to harden, about an hour.
- Attach a gum ball half on the upper corner of the foot cookie with a little bit of royal icing.
- TaDa! Haters will back off if you give them these froze toes cookies!
Froze Toes Cookie Pops inspired by the Netflix Series 'Haters Back Off!' with Miranda Sings