Things you'll needIngredients
- (3) 6" Round vanilla cakes
- 8 oz. White chocolate
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cold water
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup Condensed milk
- 5 tsp Powdered gelatin
- Vanilla frosting
- Food coloring: black, white, navy blue, electric blue, purple and pink
- Black disco dust
- Immersion blender
- Paint brush
Let's get started!
- Stack and frost your vanilla cakes adding a thin layer of frosting in between the layers. Cover it completely with frosting and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Refrigerate the cake for two hours or until set completely.
Make the glaze
- Place the white chocolate chips in a large bowl and set aside.
- Bloom the gelatin in 1 cup of cold water and mix well. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, mix together the 1/2 cup water, light corn syrup and sugar. Whisk together until well combined then place over medium heat and cook for about 7-8 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add in the bloomed gelatin. Mix well.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the hot gelatin mixture over the white chocolate chips let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- Using the immersion blender, mix together until smooth.
- Strain the glaze using a sieve to remove lumps.
- Divide the glaze into five bowls and mix in the food colors.
Time to decorate!
- Place the chilled cake on top of a small cup with a lined baking tray underneath.
- Add the electric blue glaze to the navy blue bowl and swirl gently.
- Pour it on top of the cake and cover completely.
- Using a spoon, slowly drizzle the light blue, purple and pink glaze on top of the cake.
- Take an offset spatula and very gently sweep the top to blend all the colors.
- Using the paint brush, splatter some black disco dust and some white food coloring to add more details.
- Let the cake set for about 20 minutes or until the excess has dripped off completely.
- Place on the cake tray and serve.
Written By Rosanna Pansino