Things you'll needVanilla Cake - Vegan
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Colored Vanilla Ice Cream - Vegan
- 1 1/2 pints vanilla ice cream (vegan)
- 2 drops of pink or blue food color
White Chocolate Glaze (not vegan)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons white food color
- Food color: pink and blue
- American buttercream
- Sprinkles: pink and blue
- 2 ice cream cones
Let's get started!
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and line two 6-inch round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond milk and apple cider vinegar, let sit for 10 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the vegetable oil, vanilla extract and almond extract to the almond milk mixture.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture, whisk to combine until smooth.
- Split the batter between the two prepared pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool in pans for 20 minutes, remove from pans, and freeze for 1 hour.
- Ice cream layer: Use a stand mixer with paddle attachment to soften the ice cream. Add 2 drops of desired food coloring and mix until fully incorporated.
- Line a 6-inch round cake pan with plastic wrap, pour ice cream into pan and spread evenly. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Once the cakes and ice cream are frozen, stack ice cream layer in between the two cake layers. Cover with buttercream and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Use ice cream scooper to scoop two balls of buttercream on top.
- Pipe a small bead border around the bottom of the cake using buttercream in a piping bag fitted with a #8 tip.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
Time to Decorate!
- Chocolate Drip: In a small bowl over a small pot filled with 1-inch of simmering water, melt the white chocolate, heavy cream and light corn syrup. Stir until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in white food coloring.
- Split the white chocolate evenly into two bowls. Add 1 drop of blue to one, and 1 drop of pink to the other and mix well.
- Pour the glazes into two piping bags. With the pink, create drips along the top border on half the cake then cover half the top of the cake including one buttercream "ice cream" ball. Repeat with blue on the other half of the cake.
- Sprinkle blue and pink sprinkles over the top of the cake.
- Place two ice cream cones on the scoops of buttercream.
Written By Rosanna Pansino