Things you'll needIngredients
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Seeds of ¼ vanilla bean
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup stout beer (Guinness)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 9 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups ground pecans
- Medium heavy-bottomed stainless-steel saucepan (do not use a nonstick pan)
- Candy thermometer
Let's get started!
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer, mix the sugar, lemon juice and water. Set over medium heat and bring to 340F, stirring constantly with a heat-resistant spatula.
- Remove from the heat. Carefully whisk in the heavy cream. The mixture will bubble rapidly and steam.
- Whisk in the vanilla seeds, salt, Guinness, and butter until combined.
- Add 8 ounces of the chopped chocolate to the mixture and let melt, 1 to 3 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Fold in the coconut and remaining 1 ounce chocolate.
- Pour into a heatproof container and refrigerate until set, 2 hours.
Time to decorate!
- Put the ground pecans in a shallow bowl.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the chocolate truffles mixture and roll it into a ball, then roll in the ground pecans until fully covered. Repeat with the remaining truffle mixture.
Written By Rosanna Pansino