Things you'll needIngredients for the cupcakes
- 1 white box cake
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups water
Ingredients for the Ectoplasm Green Slime
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Green food coloring
- Cookie icing: red, white
- Black food pink pen
- Hand mixer
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
Let's get started!
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, egg whites, oil and water and mix well until well combined.
- Fill the liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the oven for 17 minutes. Let it cool completely.
Make the Ectoplasm Green Slime
- Place the sugar and lemon juice on a medium saucepan and whisk over low heat.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs.
- Slowly pour the hot lemon mixture into the eggs while mixing continuously.
- Pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Add 6 drops of green food coloring and stir constantly until the mixture starts to bubble and thicken.
- Strain the mixture into a small bowl to remove clumps.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours then transfer to a squeeze bottle.
Make the decorations
- Place the template on a flat surface.
- Place a piece of wax paper on top.
- Scoop the cookie icings in a decorating bag fitted with a #1 tip.
- Trace the decorations starting with the red icing.
- Wait 10 minutes before adding the next color to avoid bleeding.
- Use the edible marker to draw the face details.
- Let it harden at room temperature.
Time to decorate!
- Make a hole in the center of the cupcake using the large end of a piping tip.
- Fill the center with the green slime.
- Scoop the marshmallow cream frosting into a decorating bag.
- Pipe a generous mound on top.
- Drizzle a little bit of the slime on top.
- Place the icing decoration on top.
Written By Rosanna Pansino