A chocolate chip cookie recipe from The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook transformed in a BIG way!
Makes one 14 inch cookie cake
Things you'll need
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 6 Hershey’s kisses
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- 14 inch round pan
- Black royal icing in decorating bags fitted with #10 and #809 tips
- White royal icing in a decorating bag fitted with #805 tip
- Pink and white royal icing in decorating bags fitted with #2A tips
- Small offset spatula
- Smart Cookie Glasses Template
- Smart Cookie glasses template
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in dry ingredients until well combined and then fold in chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into a well sprayed 14 inch pan, and then bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- While the cookie is still warm, add 6 Hershey kisses on top.
- Print and cut out the glasses template and place it on top of the cookie. Use a #805 tip to fill in the whites of the eyes with white icing.
- Use a #809 tip to pipe black glasses around the eyes (PICTURE at 3:05). Pipe pupils in the eyes.
- Use a #2A tip to pipe white reflections in the pupils. Pipe pink blush into the eyes using a #2A tip (PICTURE at 3:29).
- Pipe a little black smile with a #10 tip.
- TaDa! Unless you're Cookie Monster, you'll want to share this Giant Cookie Cake with friends!
Rosanna Pansino transforms the Nerdy Nummies logo into a homemade chocolate chip cookie cake.