Grinch Crinkle Cookies
Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon pistachio extract
- Red royal icing
- 2 cups powdered sugar, for rolling
Let's get started!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the egg, pistachio extract and green food color and mix until completely combined.
- Add the flour mixture in two additions, mix until fully combined.
- Then add the milk, mix until full combined.
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap, chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, portion cookie dough into 1 tablespoon balls.
- Roll each ball into the powdered sugar and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Time to Decorate!
- Using the red royal icing fitted with a #1 round tip, pipe tiny and regular sized hearts on a piece of parchment paper. Let harden completely at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Use the red royal icing to attach one heart onto each cookie.
Written By Rosanna Pansino